Al + Deadato song

A place for all things Al: music, news and anything else!

Al + Deadato song

Postby ShannonCat » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:47 pm

The link is on the front page but here it is again, you absolutley must hear this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3VqvR80SEA
This is so wonderful because it sounds like contemporary jazz sounded before it got all smoothed out, it's got that same fresh vibe that was all over the place in the 80s and early 90s but it doesn't sound retro at all..just has that feeling that got a lot of us hooked back then all polished up 2010 style.

There has been a lot of talk about how the shift from one company controlling all the stations that played this music to a big open field with a lot of players who have the freedom to create their own playlists is going to benefit the music and the fans by getting more music to more ears. This is the kind of song that can really take off from that base - the corporate format would not have touched it ("too jazzy") but brunch shows, noncommercial stations, internet stations and the few independent commercial broadcasters left can and that's where the action and the listeners are now. If this get's worked right it could really take off! I want it for our brunch show, like...now :mrgreen:
ShannonCat

Re: Al + Deadato song

Postby Marleyfan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:26 pm

OMG! Wow - I was totally blown away by this clip! This song reminds me of why I started listening to jazz back in the 80s. I listened this clip over and over and over and over again. I can't wait until this CD is available in October. Thanks for sharing!!!!!! Marleyfan in CT
Marleyfan

Postby tontontitou » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:54 am

This song is a bomb ! I'm also a big fan of "Excellent Adventure"... And I heard this song in the Paul Brown CD, which is great too ! Al will always be the best...
tontontitou

Postby ShannonCat » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:58 am

You can own it. It's on iTunes! Just go to iTunes store..click on Power Search
then keyword the title and it will take you right to it!
ShannonCat

Postby Marleyfan » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:10 am

Thanks Shannoncat! I downloaded the song from ITunes and it is now part of my music library. I have played it over and over and over again. I love it.
Marleyfan

Postby ShannonCat » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:23 am

Y'all can hear it on my show..WLRQ Lite Jazz Brunch www.wlrq.com sundays 8-12 EDT
and there is going to be an awesome new internet station done by one of the smartest heritage CJazz programmers out there that is going to be playing it a lot. Coming soon :)
ShannonCat

Return to General Al Forum